Dank der ausgezeichneten Lage (Upper West Side) ist dieses Hostel nur 3 km entfernt von: Columbia University, Central Park und Apollo Theater. Ebenfalls nur 5 km entfernt: Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum und Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Affordable Lodging near Columbia UniversityPositiv: 1) room was a decent size for Manhattan
2) price was reasonable for Manhattan
3) very close to Columbia University, many eateries on Broadway, and the 1 subway line.
4) bathroom, although "shared" with other rooms is entirely private once you step inside and close the door behind you. The couple days I was there, the bathroom was always available when I wanted it; never occupied by anyone else.
5) WiFi was fine.
6) The room I had seemed quiet.Negativ: 1) Strictly enforced check-out time of only 11am is stressful.
2) Bathroom, although entirely clean and fine, was a bit old and nothing special.
3) Front-desk staff, although never problematic in my limited experience, often seem like they wish they could find another job.
rudest staff I have ever dealt with in my 20 yrs of staying in hotels.Positiv: locationNegativ: The staff is rude and insulting. Mentioned that I got ripped off by using an online service to book my room and would have saved a bunch by just walking in. After Then I found out that our room does not have a bathroom and I should have known because in was a budget price. I asked how I was sposed to know that budget=shared bathroom. I ended up getting a room with a bathroom but it was very shabby.
Pathetic Service and Harsh Management who dont know how to talk to a gPositiv: NothingNegativ: Everything
Positiv: Comparatively doesn't worth for the money your service and facilities. Elevator is deadly experience. Breakfast location is unbelievable and terrible. Not clean at all. Toilet tap handle bath shower was broken since the moment we entered and no body was bother to fixed and I was suffered lot with my kids for five days. Minimum facilities at least should provide for the people who are paid. And receptionists must show more profitionalism. Drinking hot water facilities in the room at least. ? Negativ: Deadly elevator. Breakfast room location very danger full of electric wires room and no body bother to clean. Only WiFi was good.
Morningside is a DumpPositiv: The Morningside is in a GREAT location, very close to the northwest corner of Central park.Negativ: Morningside is a dump and in serious need of renovation. My room leaked water when someone above took a shower!
Very Good Deal for NYCPositiv: 1. Can't beat the price for NYC.
2. Location excellent - Upper West Side, one block from Broadway, near Columbia University.
3. I arrived at 2am (two hours later than expected), and front desk staff was there waiting for me - can't expect that from AirBnB or any other such private arrangements.
4. Style is typical of NYC apartment buildings on the Upper West Side.
Negativ: 1. Internet was not working when I needed it the morning of my check-out, though front desk was aware of the problem and had already contacted the provider to come reset the system.
2. Left luggage room in the basement is a bit dingy, but served its purpose.
Positiv: Gute Lage, Nähe ubahn und centralpark, weg vom Tourismus und trotzdem schön Negativ: Zimmer sind hellhörig, Klimaanlage laut, Haare auf Boden und Toilette, kleines Zimmer